Receding gums not only look unsightly, they can also lead to dental infection and lost teeth. If your teeth seem longer than they used to or you notice your gums are pulling away from your teeth, call us ASAP for gum recession treatment in Ridgefield.
Repairing your receding gums will:
- Avoid exposing tooth roots, which increases your susceptibility to decay and infection
- Give your smile a more attractive appearance
- Stop dental sensitivity and discomfort
- Prevent tooth loss
To schedule an appointment, call us today at 360-869-0795. If you’ve already spoken to another dentist, we’re happy to provide you with a free second opinion.
Repair Gum Recession With the Treatment That’s Best For You
Whenever possible, we offer more than one option for solving a dental problem. During a consultation, your dentist will help you determine which solution is best for you. In the case of receding gums, you can repair them with:
- A Gum Graft – Rather than perform a traditional gum graft, we use a low-power laser on your gums to regenerate your gum tissue. The procedure is painless, takes just a few minutes, and doesn’t involve any cutting or stitches.
- The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique – No grafts are needed for this procedure. Instead, your dentist uses special instruments to move your tissue back into place after making pinholes in your gums. You won’t require incisions or stitches. A Chao procedure is quicker than a graft, and recovery is shorter too.
For either procedure, we will use local anesthesia to numb your mouth. You can also receive one of our three soothing kinds of dental sedation.
Avoid Receding Gums With Preventive Dentistry
Gum disease is the leading cause of gum recession. You can avoid disease by brushing and flossing your teeth every day and visiting us regularly for exams and cleanings. Recession typically doesn’t occur until the later stages of disease. Our team uses a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing to prevent disease from reaching that point. If necessary, we can also use a dental laser to gently remove diseased tissue.
For gum recession treatment in Ridgefield, call Oasis Dental at 360-869-0795 or request an appointment online. Our office is open at 7 a.m. four days a week, so it’s easy to work around school and work schedules.