Your teeth are not the only important part of your smile. Receding gums can lead to infections and tooth loss. You can do something about your damaged periodontal tissue. As part of our cosmetic dentistry options, you can receive gum recession treatment in Ridgefield, WA.
By doing this, you can do all of these things:
- Prevent exposed tooth roots
- End discomfort and dental sensitivity
- Improve the appearance of your smile
- Protect your teeth from falling out
Call Oasis today at 360-869-0795 to schedule your appointment. If you’ve spoken to another dentist already, come see us for a free second opinion.
Fix Receding Gums With Two Great Solutions
There is more than one way to rebuild a smile. That’s also true for treating gums that have been damaged by infection, injury, or other causes. Your dentist will discuss which solution is best for you when you come in for a consultation. We offer two treatments:
- A Gum Graft – Using a low-power laser, we can removed infections and stimulate your gums to regenerate healthy tissue. The procedure is painless, takes just a few minutes, and doesn’t involve any cutting or stitches.
- The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique – This technique is even less invasive. By making pinholes in your gums, we can move your remaining tissue to restore the original position of your gumline. This is faster than a gum graft. You won’t need stitches, and you’ll recover sooner, too.
For either procedure, your comfort is important to us. We are happy to provide local anesthesia to numb your mouth and to provide one of our three soothing kinds of dental sedation, to ensure you don’t feel anything.
Avoid Gum Problems With Preventive Care
Gum disease is the most common cause of gum recession. To prevent this disease, remember to brush and floss daily and to visit us for routine exams and cleanings. If we notice signs of gum disease, we can give you a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing before recession starts to affect your smile. When needed, we also use a dental laser to gently remove infected periodontal tissue.
Don’t wait to get your gum recession treatment in Ridgefield, WA. Call Oasis Dental at 360-869-0795 or schedule your appointment . Our office is open at 7 a.m. four days a week so you can see us when it works for you.