Your family may joke about your snoring. It’s no laughing matter, though, if you have sleep apnea in Ridgefield. While unpleasant symptoms like headaches and irritability are bad enough, this sleep disorder has also been linked to serious problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Allow you to rest comfortably throughout the night, without gasping for breath
- Stop your snoring so others in your household can also enjoy restful sleep
- Lessen your risk of conditions linked to apnea
- Give you more energy during the day
- Offer a comfortable and convenient alternative to a CPAP machine
Can’t remember the last time you had a good night’s sleep? Call us today at 360-869-0795 to schedule a sleep apnea consultation. Second opinions are free.
A Sleep Apnea Appliance Is Less Disruptive Than a CPAP
Sleep apnea sufferers experience frequent interruptions in breathing while they sleep – as many as hundreds of times a night – when their airway becomes blocked. This causes them to gasp for breath, often alarming their bed partner. The key to treating sleep apnea is keeping the airway open. Two ways to do so are:
- CPAP – You’ll take in a constant stream of pressurized air through a mask worn over your face with this machine. With its mask, tubing, and constant noise, it can be a distraction for the wearer and other members of the household.
- Oral Appliance – An appliance gently moves your jaw into a position that keeps your airway clear. Since no electricity or batteries are needed, it’s easier to travel with an appliance than with a CPAP. We can have a custom sleep appliance made just for you.
Recognize Common Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Loud snoring is a common symptom of sleep apnea – and one that often disturbs your bed partner. Other signs of apnea include:
- Waking up feeling tired instead of refreshed
- Excessive sleepiness during the day
- Frequent insomnia or nightmares
- Unusual irritability
- Difficulty remaining focused on tasks