For such a small part of your body, your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) can cause some pretty big problems. These joints, which attach your jaw to your skull, can become inflamed. If they do, the result is a jaw so painful that it can be difficult to yawn, speak, or eat. Fortunately, our team can provide relief with TMJ treatment in Ridgefield.
Our treatment will:
- Relieve pain in your jaw, face, neck, and shoulders
- Eliminate headaches and earaches related to TMJ dysfunction
- Stop a destructive teeth grinding habit
- Help you enjoy a more comfortable, restful night’s sleep
- Restore your jaw’s full mobility
Looking for relief from jaw pain? Call us today at 360-869-0795. Receive a free second opinion from one of our dentists on the best way to treat your TMJ disorder.
We Offer More Than One Way to Treat TMJ Disorders
Many dentists offer a single solution for treating TMJ dysfunction: a mouthguard. While this is enough in many cases, some patients require more extensive treatment. At Oasis Dental, your treatment may include:
- A Custom Mouthguard – We’ll take dental impressions and fit you for a custom-made appliance that you wear while you sleep. It relieves painful tension on your joints and prevents teeth grinding and jaw clenching, two behaviors that contribute to TMJ dysfunction.
- Botox® – Our dentists can ease the pain of sore facial muscles with targeted injections of this safe muscle relaxant. Its effects typically last several months.
- Orthodontic Treatment – A misaligned bite can cause or intensify TMJ pain. Our team can correct your bite with braces or Invisalign.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction – We may also be able to make adjustments to your bite using crowns or other dental restorations.