Did you know that preventive orthodontics in Vancouver can help children as young as 6 or 7 years old? Bringing in your little one for an early orthodontic visit can:
- Uncover problems that can be corrected now
- Help them avoid full orthodontic treatment later on
- Aid in the development of their jaw
- Reduce the chances of problems with their bite
Give your child everything they need for dental success! Call us today at 360-226-8264 to schedule an appointment. We’re located on Southeast 15th Street, not far from Target.
Early Orthodontics Can Improve Your Child’s Smile
Even when your child’s teeth are still coming in, it’s a good time to be thinking about whether they can benefit from orthodontic care. The reason is that we can often reduce the need for full braces or Invisalign later on with interventional orthodontics. There are several ways we can do this:
- Space Maintainers – If your little one has lost baby teeth but their adult teeth haven’t come through yet, space maintainers will help keep the space open and prevent their other teeth from shifting. They’ll have a better chance of avoiding the need for orthodontics later on.
- Interceptive Orthodontics – If necessary, we can go ahead and place braces at an early age to help get your child’s teeth and jaws in alignment, then use a retainer to keep them in position. Getting braces early can cut down on the total time needed for wearing braces and can help prevent more extensive care later on.
- Palatal Expanders – To adjust the width of your child’s upper jaw, we can place a palatal expander. Within a few months, it will help widen their developing jaw, bringing the upper and lower jaw into alignment. Expanders can be used to correct a crossbite or teeth crowding.
Preventive orthodontics in Vancouver can help your child avoid braces. Call us today at 360-226-8264 to schedule an appointment for them. You can also make an appointment online. Second opinions are always free!