Did you know that gum disease can lurk silently in your mouth without any obvious symptoms for a while? That’s why we recommend you come in twice a year for a checkup. It will give us a chance to check the health of your gums and your entire mouth. Our gum disease treatment in Vancouver can help you:We can restore your gum health! Read Transcript
Our practice can restore people back to good gum health by our meticulous cleaning and also just regular monitoring of your gum tissue and your bone health around that area. But if you have other issues that arise, we have treatments that can help you solve those problems. If you're having problems with your gums, give us a call, make an appointment, and we'll see what the best treatment is for you.
- Eliminate red, painful, and bleeding gums
- Enjoy healthy, attractive gums again
- Catch small gum problems early on
- Avoid more invasive dental work down the road
- Gain confidence that your smile is in good shape
Call us today at 360-226-8264 to make an appointment for gum treatment. Our early hours make it easy to schedule around work and other responsibilities.
We’ll Make Sure Your Gums Stay Attractive
Gum disease can derail your oral health and, if left untreated, eventually cause you to lose teeth. Detecting and treating gum disease early can help you avoid these kinds of problems. If we spot signs of gum disease during your regular checkup, we’ll recommend treating your gums so they can get back on the road to health. We may use one or both of these gum treatments:
- Deep Cleaning With Scaling and Root Planing – Your dentist will use special instruments to scale (remove) plaque, tartar, and bacteria from around and below your gumline. Then they will plane (smooth) your teeth roots to make it more difficult for bacteria to grow back there.
- Laser Treatment – Our gentle, low-power dental laser will remove damaged gum tissue and seal your gums back all at the same time. No scalpels will be required, and this procedure is completely pain-free.
In addition, if you’ve lost a significant amount of gum tissue, you may need a gum graft to restore your gumline. For this treatment, we’ll take gum tissue, usually from the roof of your mouth, and place it in the areas where your gums have receded. This procedure will help new gum tissue grow, eventually making your gums look healthy and attractive again.
We can also perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a quick way to repair your gums without any cutting or stitches. It just requires a tiny hole in your gums through which your dentist will manipulate healthy gum tissue to cover more of your teeth.