- Schedule an early morning or late evening procedure
- See us ASAP if you are in pain
- Prevent tooth removal & replacement
Toothaches are often a sign of dental infection. As if the pain isn’t bad enough, infection can cause you to lose your tooth and even spread to other areas of your body. Root canals in Ridgefield save infected teeth and get you out of pain.
Root canal treatment also:
- Keeps infection from spreading and causing more serious problems
- Avoids the need for an extraction and subsequent tooth replacement
- Prevents nearby teeth from being negatively affected
- Makes it possible to enjoy complete and comfortable oral function
Avoid a Root Canal Procedure With Preventive Care
Infection occurs when bacteria enters your tooth and attacks the soft pulp inside. Cavities, cracks, and breaks are some of the most common ways for bacteria to get inside your tooth. To avoid the need for a root canal procedure:
- Brush and floss your teeth every day
- Visit us for an exam and cleaning at least every six months
- See us ASAP if you crack or break a tooth so we can repair it with a dental crown or other restoration
While tooth pain is the most obvious sign of dental infection, you may also notice these other symptoms: a discolored tooth, sensitivity to hot and/or cold temperatures, and swollen or tender gums.
Relax With Dental Sedation During Root Canal Therapy
During a root canal procedure, our dentists:
- Remove infected pulp from your tooth
- Clean and disinfect your tooth’s interior
- Replace the pulp with an inert material called gutta-percha
- Cover your tooth with a dental crown to protect it from further damage
We plan and perform your root canal procedure with advanced technology like a 3-D CT scan. We numb your mouth with local anesthesia. You can also elect to receive dental sedation to help you stay relaxed throughout your treatment.