Even at the age of 6 or 7, early orthodontic treatment can help a child’s developing teeth and jaws. If you have a little one, it’s a good idea to bring them in for an orthodontic exam. Our Ridgefield preventive orthodontics can help them:Catch big issues early! Read Transcript
Preventative orthodontics, we do to catch things early, so that we don't have more dramatic treatment that we have to do later. An example would be an eight year old that has teeth that are becoming crowded in the front. We can do braces at an earlier age, straighten the teeth and guide them to where they need to be so that if orthodontic care is needed down the road, it's much easier to accomplish. Give us a call. We offer free consultations and we'd love to sit down and go over the costs with you and talk through how long the treatment would take.
- Avoid braces later on
- Uncover problems that can be corrected now
- Maintain proper jaw development
- Reduce the chances of problems with their bite
Call us today to make an appointment: 360-869-0795. Second opinions are always free!
Improve Your Child’s Smile With Early Orthodontics
Many parents aren’t aware that they should have their children’s smile checked for orthodontic problems by age 6 or 7. However, catching and treating these problems early leads to greater treatment success and usually less time overall spent in orthodontic care. Getting your child the help they need will pay dividends now and in the future.
Many orthodontic problems can be corrected at an early age by one of these methods:
- Space Maintainers – Your dentist may use these small pieces of hardware when your child has lost their baby teeth but their adult teeth haven’t come through yet. The space maintainers will help keep their teeth from shifting positions while waiting for the adult teeth to emerge.
- Interceptive Orthodontics – We can place braces at an early age to help correct orthodontic problems before they worsen. After we remove the braces, we’ll place a retainer that will help keep your child’s teeth in the proper positions.
- Palatal Expanders – Your child’s developing jaw can be corrected with an expansion device that will push their upper jaw outward. This will help ensure that their upper and lower teeth line up, that their lower face develops properly, and that there are no bite problems.