When you’re on the playing field, chances are you aren’t thinking about anything other than winning. You certainly aren’t thinking about your teeth. Yet sports injuries account for many of the millions of knocked-out and broken teeth every year. Let our dentists help keep your smile safe with mouthguards in Ridgefield.
Our athletic mouthguards will:
- Offer a snugger and more comfortable fit than store-bought mouthguards
- Be ready to wear without a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process
- Help you avoid restorative dental work to repair damaged teeth
- Protect your teeth from hard hits and similar injuries
If you or anyone else in your family plays sports, you’ll benefit from a custom mouthguard. Call us today at 360-869-0795 to schedule a fitting.
Custom-Made Mouthguards Offer a Superior Fit
Custom mouthguards are made using impressions of your teeth. This results in a fit better than you can get from any over-the-counter product. That’s an important feature because if a mouthguard doesn’t fit well, you’ll be tempted not to wear it.
In addition, our custom mouthguards are made from high-quality materials that should provide you with years of wear. They maintain their shape longer and can better withstand wear and tear.
Personalized Mouthguards Can Help With Other Problems Too
Athletes aren’t the only ones who can benefit from a custom mouthguard. Our dentists can also fit you for a mouthguard that will help stop problems associated with:
- Sleep Apnea – If your airway becomes blocked while you are sleeping, it inhibits your ability to breathe easily. This results in snoring, headaches, daytime fatigue, and many other issues caused by sleep apnea. A custom mouthguard keeps your airway open all night, so you’ll enjoy more restful sleep.
- Teeth Grinding – Many people don’t even realize they grind their teeth in their sleep. Yet it can damage your tooth enamel and result in TMJ dysfunction. A mouthguard keeps pressure off your TMJs (jaw joints) so they can heal.